Friday, June 19, 2009

Peaceful Night by Maxfield Parrish

Acrylic on Water color paper
I was not sure of painting on paper but felt like trying. I found the paper absorbed the paint quickly.

This is a challenge I did from Following the Masters. This challenge was to pick any of Maxfield Parrish's paintings and paint our version. You are given the liberty to paint what you see or change it and paint it your way. I thought the church was really pretty and the simple colors very comforting. Peaceful Night was painted by Parrish in the 1950's.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Andrea! Love the cool blues. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    I love the church! It looks like you are feeling better and have started painting again. I will be at the beach this next week but when i get back we need to get together!

    ReplyDelete